Effective 31 December 2020, IBM will withdraw support for the PureApplication 2.2.6 firmware level
Effective 31 December 2020, IBM will withdraw support for firmware levels 2.2.6 on the following PureApplication appliance related products:
- PureApplication Software & Software Suite (5725-Q52, 5737-B07)
- PureApplication Service (5725-R71)
- PureApplication System W1500 (5725-G32) ... also Appliance Hardware end of life
- PureApplication System W1700 (5725-F46) ... also Appliance Hardware end of life
- PureApplication System W2500 (5725-Q93)
- PureApplication System W2700 (5725-Q94)
- PureApplication System W3700 (5725-X32)
- PureApplication Platform W3500 and W3550 (5725-Z16, 5725-Z17)
- formerly named Bluemix Local System W3500 and W3550 (5725-Z16, 5725-Z17)
Customers running firmware level 2.2.6 are advised to plan to upgrade to the latest supported releases of the PureApplication / Cloud Pak System firmware in order to continue receiving technical support, as well as proactively avoiding problems that are already resolved.
IBM recommends that users consider applying the latest fix pack version (2.3.2 or later) of the firmware. Of course, in the case of upgrading firmware for any critical expert systems, IBM recommends that users test their configuration and surrounding applications before moving into production.
In addition, refer to the following documents:
Was this topic helpful?
05 August 2020