After you install patch cpd-126.96.36.199-ccs-patch-3 or later on IBM Cloud Pak for Data 2.5.0, run the attached shell script to clear a cache that Watson Knowledge Catalog uses for the automated syncing of information assets to the default catalog.
You must clear the cache to prevent performance problems when syncing assets.
- Run the clear_cloudant_revision_cache.sh script from a Linux or MacOS system. The machine must have:
- The curl command available
- Network access to the system where Cloud Pak for Data is deployed.
- Cloud Pak for Data must be running on your cluster. The script will fail if Cloud Pak for Data is down.
- You must provide the username and password of a Cloud Pak for Data administrator to run the script.
- Copy the attached script, clear_cloudant_revision_cache.sh, to the Linux or MacOS system that can connect to your cluster.
- Change to the directory where you placed the script.
- Make the script executable:
chmod u+x clear_cloudant_revision_cache.sh
- Run the script:
./clear_cloudant_revision_cache.sh Cloud_Pak_for_Data_hostname admin_username admin_password
Cloudant revision cache has been cleared successfully for the default catalog (ac4d7fc8-85ff-499e-ba09-405986667cd3).
02 June 2020