IBM has withdrawn support for all MQSeries, MQM/400, MQSeries Link for R/3, MQSeries Everyplace, and ezBRIDGE Transact.
MQSeries • MQM/400 • MQSeries Link for R/3 • MQSeries Everyplace • ezBRIDGE Transact
- What were the end of support dates for MQSeries, MQM/400, the MQSeries Link for R/3, MQSeries Everyplace, and ezBRIDGE Transact?
- What replacement products are available?
- How do I check which version I am currently running?
- Is any information available to help me upgrade to a later version?
- Can I purchase a support extension for my current version?
- Are the MQSeries clients also out of support?
- Is documentation still available for these products?
- Is maintenance still available for these products?
- Is there an IBM MQ trial version available for download?
What were the end of support dates for MQSeries, MQM/400, the MQSeries Link for R/3, MQSeries Everyplace, and ezBRIDGE Transact?
The following table shows the most recent MQSeries versions, all of which are long out of support. The table does not list all of the versions of MQSeries 5.2.x, MQSeries 5.1.x and MQSeries 5.0.x, on distributed platforms, MQSeries 4.x.x and 3.x.x releases on OS/400, MQM/400 3.1.0 and 2.3.0 on OS/400, MQSeries 2.x.x on distributed platforms, OS/390 and VSE/ESA, and MQSeries 1.x.x releases on distributed platforms, MVS/ESA and VSE/ESA. Also not shown are MQSeries Link for R/3 releases 1.1.x and 1.0.x, nor any of the ezBRIDGE Transact releases.
|Product||Version||Release Date||End of Support||Platforms|
|MQSeries||5.2.1||25 May 2001||31 Dec 2003||Windows NT and Windows 2000 (x86)|
|MQSeries||5.2.x||15 Dec 2000||31 Dec 2003||AIX, HP-UX (PA-RISC), Linux (x86), Sun Solaris (SPARC), Windows NT and Windows 2000 (x86)|
|MQSeries||5.2.x||25 May 2001||30 Apr 2004||OS/400|
|MQSeries for OS/390||5.2.x||11 Nov 2000||30 Apr 2004||OS/390|
|MQSeries||5.1.x||14 Apr 2000||30 Apr 2009||Compaq Tru64 UNIX (Alpha)|
|MQSeries||5.1.x||29 Jun 2001||30 Apr 2008||Compaq NonStop Kernel (Himalaya S-Series)|
|MQSeries||5.1.x||25 May 2001||30 Apr 2006||Compaq OpenVMS (Alpha)|
|MQSeries||5.1.x||10 Oct 2000||30 Sep 2007||Sun Solaris (x86)|
|MQSeries||2.2.1||30 May 1997||30 Apr 2005||Digital OpenVMS (VAX), Digital OpenVMS AXP (Alpha)|
|MQSeries||2.2.1||26 Jun 1996||30 Apr 2005||SINIX (MIPS), DC/OSx (MIPS)|
|MQSeries||2.2.1||29 Sep 1995||30 Apr 2005||AT&T GIS (x86)|
|MQSeries for OS/390||2.1.x||30 Apr 1999||30 Apr 2004||OS/390|
|MQSeries for VSE/ESA||2.1.2||14 Mar 2003||30 Sep 2010||VSE/ESA|
|MQSeries for VSE/ESA||2.1.1||29 Sep 2000||31 Mar 2006||VSE/ESA|
|MQSeries for VSE/ESA||2.1.0||16 Oct 1998||30 Sep 2005||VSE/ESA|
|MQSeries Link for R/3||1.2.x||30 Oct 1998||30 Apr 2010||AIX, HP-UX (PA-RISC), Sun Solaris (SPARC), Windows NT (x86)|
|MQSeries Link for R/3||1.2.x||31 Dec 1998||30 Apr 2010||OS/400|
|MQSeries Link for R/3||1.2.x||14 Apr 2000||30 Apr 2010||Compaq Tru64 UNIX (Alpha)|
|MQSeries Link for R/3||1.2.x||23 Feb 2001||30 Apr 2010||OS/390|
|MQSeries Everyplace||1.2.x||25 May 2001||30 Apr 2005||AIX, EPOC (ARM, StrongARM), HP-UX (PA-RISC), IBM 4690 OS, Java devices (all), Linux (x86), PalmOS (ARM), Windows 95 (x86), Windows 98 (x86), Windows CE 2.1 (StrongARM, SuperH), Windows Millennium Edition (x86), Windows NT 4.0 (x86), Windows 2000 (x86)|
What replacement products are available?
The following replacement products are available. There are no migration paths from MQSeries and ezBRIDGE Transact to any of the current IBM MQ products.
- For MQSeries 5.2.x, MQSeries 5.1.x, MQSeries 5.0.x, MQSeries 4.2.x for OS/400, MQSeries 3.7.0 for OS/400, MQSeries 3.6.0 for OS/400, MQSeries 3.2.0 for OS/400, MQM/400 3.1.0, MQM/400 2.3.0, MQSeries 2.x.x, MQSeries 1.x.x, and ezBRIDGE Transact:
- IBM MQ 9.2
- IBM MQ 9.1, the last release to support Solaris on SPARC
- IBM MQ 9.0, which ends support 30 September 2021
- There is no replacement for AT&T GIS UNIX on x86, Compaq OpenVMS on Alpha, Compaq Tru64 UNIX on Alpha, DC/OSx on MIPS, Digital OpenVMS AXP on Alpha, Digital OpenVMS on VAX, Digital UNIX on Alpha, HP OpenVMS on Alpha, HP OpenVMS on Itanium, HP-UX on PA-RISC, IBM PC DOS on x86, IBM System/88 OS (CISC), Linux on x86 (32-bit), MS-DOS on x86, OS/2 on x86, OS/400 on CISC (IMPI) systems, SCO UNIX on x86, SINIX on MIPS, Stratus VOS, SunOS on SPARC, UnixWare on x86, and Windows on x86 (32-bit)
- For MQSeries 5.1.x for Compaq NonStop Kernel, MQSeries 2.x.x for Tandem, MQSeries 1.x.x for Tandem, and ezBRIDGE Transact for Tandem:
- IBM MQ for HPE Nonstop 8.1, available on both HPE Integrity NonStop (Itanium) and HPE Integrity NonStop X (x86-64)
- IBM MQ for HPE NonStop 8.0, available on both HPE Integrity NonStop (Itanium) and HPE Integrity NonStop X (x86-64), which ends support 30 April 2021
- There is no replacement for Compaq NonStop Kernel on Himalaya S-Series (MIPS), Tandem Guardian, Tandem NonStop Kernel on Cyclone, and Tandem NonStop Kernel on Himalaya K-Series (MIPS)
- For MQSeries for OS/390 5.2.x, MQSeries for OS/390 2.1.x, MQSeries for MVS/ESA 1.x.x and ezBRIDGE Transact for MVS/ESA:
- IBM MQ for z/OS 9.2, IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS 9.2, IBM MQ for z/OS Value Unit Edition 9.2 and IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS Value Unit Edition 9.2, which are available 11 September 2020, per announcement letters ENUS220-240 and ENUS220-239
- IBM MQ for z/OS 9.1, IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS 9.1, IBM MQ for z/OS Value Unit Edition 9.1 and IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS Value Unit Edition 9.1
- IBM MQ for z/OS 9.0, IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS 9.0, IBM MQ for z/OS Value Unit Edition 9.0 and IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS Value Unit Edition 9.0, which end support 30 September 2021
- For MQSeries for VSE/ESA 2.1.x, MQSeries for VSE/ESA 1.x.x, and ezBRIDGE Transact for VSE/ESA:
- There is no replacement for VSE/ESA
- For the MQSeries Link for R/3 1.2.x:
- For MQSeries Everyplace 1.2.x:
- There is no replacement for MQSeries Everyplace
How do I check which version I am currently running?
On platforms other than OS/400 and OS/390, run dspmqver, and if that is not found run mqver. If neither command is found, try using the operating system commands and utilities to display installed software levels.
On OS/400 run DSPMQMVER, and if that is not found run CALL PGM(QMQM/MQVER). If neither command is found, use GO LICPGM option 10 and press PF11 to view the versions of the installed programs.
On OS/390, look for message CSQY000I in the MSTR joblog to determine your version.
On VSE/ESA start the Master terminal transaction (MQMT). The MQSeries version is displayed at the top of each panel.
Is any information available to help me upgrade to a later version?
The IBM Knowledge Center includes information to assist you in migrating to a supported version of IBM MQ:
- Maintaining and migrating IBM MQ 9.2
- Maintaining and migrating IBM MQ 9.1
- Maintaining and migrating IBM MQ 9.0
Existing MQSeries queue managers cannot be upgraded to the latest MQ version. You must save your queue manager object definitions and recreate them at a supported version of IBM MQ. Existing messages must be manually moved off the queue manager before upgrading.
Can I purchase a support extension for my current version?
Support extensions are no longer available for these releases. For more information on later versions, contact your local IBM sales representative.
US Customers should contact Customer Support Operations at 1-877-426-6006, option #2. If you provide your IBM customer number, they can quickly find your sales representative.
Customers in other geographies should refer to the IBM directory of worldwide support contacts to find sales contact numbers in your region:
Are the MQSeries clients also out of support?
Yes. The MQSeries clients went out of support at the same time as the WebSphere MQ server on each platform.
Is documentation still available for these products?
Yes. Some documentation is still available, primarily in PDF form:
MQSeries 5.2.x Documentation
MQSeries 5.1.x Documentation
MQSeries 5.0.x Documentation
MQSeries 3.x.x for OS/400, and MQM/400 3.1.0 and 2.3.0 Documentation
MQSeries 2.x.x, MQSeries for OS/390 2.1.0 and MQSeries for VSE/ESA 2.1.x Documentation
MQSeries for MVS/ESA 1.x.x Documentation
ezBRIDGE Transact Documentation
MQSeries Link for R/3 1.2.x Documentation
MQSeries Everyplace 1.2.x Documentation
Is maintenance still available for these products?
Yes. The latest available Cumulative Service Distribution (CSD) for each release, which today would be called a fix pack, is linked below:
MQSeries 5.2.1 Maintenance
MQSeries 5.2.0 Maintenance
MQSeries 5.1.0 Maintenance
MQSeries 5.0.0 Maintenance
MQSeries 2.x.x Maintenance
MQSeries Link for R/3 1.2.x Maintenance
Is there an IBM MQ trial version available for download?
You can obtain a full-featured trial version of IBM MQ 9.2 on distributed platforms to evaluate for 90 days:
09 September 2020