RPG enhancement for the LIKEDS keyword with PTFs for 7.3 and 7.4.
You are in: RPG Cafe > Spring 2020: LIKEDS allows a qualified name
Short URL: https://ibm.biz/rpgcafe_likeds_qual_name
RPG Cafe: LIKEDS(qualified.name)
The LIKEDS keyword now allows a qualified name
PTFs for 7.3 and 7.4, available in May 2020
- ILE RPG compiler: SI73190
- ILE RPG compiler: SI73192
- ILE RPG compiler, TGTRLS(V7R3M0): SI73193
The PTFs are also available with the Db2 for i Fix Packs of 15 May 2020. See Db2 for IBM i 2020 PTF Group Schedule.
You can now specify a qualified name for the LIKEDS keyword.
DCL-DS order_info QUALIFIED; num_orders INT(10); DCL-DS orders DIM(100); id INT(10); ... END-DS; END-DS; DCL-PR process_order; the_order LIKEDS(order_info.orders); END-PR;
The next release of RDi will support this enhancement.
Documentation in the IBM Knowledge Center
The ILE RPG Reference and ILE RPG Programmer's Guide in the 7.3 and 7.4 IBM Knowledge Center are updated with full information about this enhancement. Start at the What's New Since 7.3 or What's New Since 7.4 section in the Reference.
- 7.3 Reference: What's new since 7.3: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzasd/rpgrelv7r3post.htm
- 7.4 Reference: What's new since 7.4: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/rzasd/rpgrelv7r4post.htm
27 July 2020