This document provides information about capabilities, components, or platforms, that are not supported beyond the current release of IBM Planning Analytics. This document is up-to-date for Planning Analytics 2.0.9.
- In Planning Analytics version 2.0.9, TM1 Operations Console is no longer supported. When you access the TM1 Operations Console URL, you see a general 500 error message that indicates that the URL is not available. You can use IBM Planning Analytics Administration to monitor databases in
IBM Planning Analytics and IBM Planning Analytics Local.
- Planning Analytics 2.0.7 is the last release with support for TM1 Operations Console.
- The 2.0.7 release of TM1 Server includes functionality that can be used to generate a thread log without the use of TM1Top or TM1 Operations Console.
- Java TI remains supported in Planning Analytics version 2.0.7. However, the use of Java TI is discouraged in cases where it is not required.
- IBM supports only the version of Java that is shipped with the current version of TM1 Server and Planning Analytics.
- For Planning Analytics 2.0.5 and earlier, this means IBM Java 7. For Planning Analytics 2.0.6 and later, this means IBM Java 8.
- Java TI will not be enhanced to support any TI functions added in Planning Analytics 2.0 and higher. No enhancement requests specific to Java TI functionality will be implemented.
Planning Analytics 2.0.7 is the last release of Planning Analytics that includes support for relational data sources in TM1 Web. This functionality is documented in Working with relational data in websheets. The deprecation of this functionality does not impact the capability to drill through into ODBC data sources from Websheets or cubeviews in TM1 Web.
Planning Analytics 2.0.7 is the last release with TM1 Package Connector.
Planning Analytics 220.127.116.11 is the last release to include the PMHub component. Planning Analytics for Excel 2.0.42 and higher no longer require the use of the PMHub component. Please see: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSD29G_2.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.tm1_nfg.2.0.0.doc/c_pax_new_features_2_0_42.html
As of Planning Analytics for Excel 2.0.52, if Planning Analytics Local TM1 Server 2.0.9 or higher is used, the connection will default to NOT using PMHub. For more information please see: ttps://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSD29G_2.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.tm1_nfg.2.0.0.doc/c_pax_new_features_2_0_52.html
Additional details regarding this change can be found here: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/using-planning-analytics-microsoft-excel-without-performance-manager-hub
The ThirdPartyCertificateTool requires Java 7 and is no longer supported as of Planning Analytics 2.0.5.
Planning Analytics 2.0.5 is the last release with support for Cognos Insight in distributed mode.
Planning Analytics 2.0.4 is the last release to include a separate 32-bit Windows install kit for the TM1 clients (Architect and TM1 Perspectives).
32-bit TM1 Clients
Planning Analytics 18.104.22.168 is the last release to include 32-bit versions of the TM1 clients (Architect and TM1 Perspectives).
Planning Analytics 2.0.2 is the last release with AIX support.
With the release of Planning Analytics 2.0 for both Cloud and Local deployments, IBM discontinues support for TM1 Mobile Contributor.
Planning Analytics 2.0 continues support for TM1 Applications, accessible using Cognos Insight or a web browser. Planning Analytics Workspace, which provides interactive dashboards for data input, visual analysis, and reporting of data from multiple TM1 Databases, can be consumed through iOS and Android mobile devices.
With the release of Planning Analytics 2.0 Local, IBM discontinues support for the TM1 Pattern.
22 December 2021