Privileged identity management AccessProfile for Remote Desktop Connection.
This package contains the privileged identity management AccessProfile for Microsoft Remote Desktop.
New features or updatesThe package lets you log in with shared privileged identities with Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 10.
Note: An earlier version of the Remote Desktop Connection AccessProfile is bundled in IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager, Version 2.0.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2. However, if you want support for the latest version, replace the bundled version with the one that you find on this page.
|4 May 2018||AccessProfile version: 1.3|
- Updated AccessProfile widgets with backward compatibility support.
|31 October 2017||AccessProfile version: 1.1|
- Updated AccessProfile widgets.
- General fixes and enhancements.
9 Feb 2018: Updated steps for editing the AccessProfile with reference to profile_RDP_main_win10.
|31 July 2017||Support for Windows 10, Version 1607 or later.|
AccessProfile version updated to 1.0.3.
|6 June 2017||Minor fixes. Supports Windows 10, version 1511 only.|
AccessProfile version updated to 1.0.2.
|15 Dec 2016||Added support for version 2.1.0.|
|5 July 2016||Added support for the Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connection client.|
Update: This AccessProfile will not function as expected on Windows 10, version 1607. The AccessProfile continues to be fully compatible with Windows 10, version 1511.
AccessProfile version updated to 1.0.1.
Known issues and limitations
|5 July 2016||Only GUI based recording is supported.|
- IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager
- Version 2.1.1 requires Privileged Access Agent 2.1.1.
- Version 2.1.0 requires Privileged Access Agent 2.1.0 with fix pack 9 or later.
- Version 2.0.2 requires AccessAgent 8.2.2 with fix pack 21 or later.
- Version 2.0.1, 2.0.0, 22.214.171.124, 1.0.1 requires AccessAgent 8.2.1 with interim fix 20 only.
- Remote Desktop Connection
Supported languagesAdding support for additional languages on Windows 10
To support additional non-English platforms, you must edit and test the AccessProfile before you upload it.
Before you begin
Connect to a remote host through Remote Desktop Protocol which prompts you with the localized version of the Windows Security dialog box on Windows 10.
Follow the procedure below to edit the AccessProfile:
- Open the AccessProfile.
- In the AccessProfiles pane, open profile_credui_win10.
- Make the following changes:
b. Select the Localization Support -Script action that is illustrated in the following image.
c. Open the VBScript in the Script Editor.
Note: Several arrays have been provided, each containing a list of translated strings for specific locales that are supported by the product.
d. Identify the locale that must be changed and look for the corresponding VBScript array.
In the CurrentLocaleArray function, update the parameters, <parameter1> and <parameter2>, that are assigned for your required language.
<Language_Code> = Array("<parameter1>","<parameter2>")
"<parameter1>" refers to the strings containing IP Address for Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer and RDP.
"<parameter2>" refers to the strings containing the Name property.
For example, to modify strings for Chinese, look for zh_cn.
zh_cn = Array( "<parameter1>","<parameter2>")
The diagrams are provided only as an example.
The provided non-English language phrases that you find in the AccessProfile for <parameter1> and <parameter2> are only place holders and must be updated.
|Windows Security Dialog Box in Windows 10||Parameter for identifying the Windows Security dialog box on Windows 10|
Note: In the regular expression for English, en_us, in parameter1 you will notice the following phrase:
"|connect to: (.*)"
This regular expression is used only to match the label that is originally available in an earlier version of Windows 10, Version 1511.
Tip: If you want to match additional phrases that might be displayed, use the ' |' operator.
4. Repeat or copy the changes that you made in step 3 to profile_RDP_main_win10, in the AccessProfiles pane.
- IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager 1.0.1 or later is deployed.
- If you have an existing Remote Desktop Connection profile, back up the existing AccessProfile. Delete the earlier version of the AccessProfile before you upload the new AccessProfile.
For more information about AccessStudio or AccessProfiles, see the product documentation.
- Download the AccessProfile to a location on your computer.
- Upload the AccessProfile.
- Open the AccessProfile with AccessStudio.
- Select the AccessProfile from the Data type pane.
- From the toolbar, click Upload selected data to IMS.
For more AccessProfiles, go to the AccessProfile Library.
15 June 2018