Single sign-on AccessProfile for the SAP GUI application.
New features or updates
|30 March 2021||
Support for SAP GUI 7.6
AccessProfile Version 1.7.
|20 April 2018||Support for SAP GUI 7.5.
AccessProfile Version 1.6.
Known issues and limitations
- IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On 8.2.2.
- SAP GUI for Windows
English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch
- IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On 8.2.2 and later. See Compatibility matrix.
- If you have an earlier version of this AccessProfile, back it up, and then delete it before you upload the new AccessProfile.
- Download the package.
- Extract the AccessProfile to a location on your computer.
- Upload the AccessProfile.
- Open the AccessProfile with AccessStudio.
- In the Data type pane, select all the AccessProfiles.
- From the toolbar, click Upload selected data to IMS.
Note: For customization and usage instructions, see the SAP GUI for Windows AccessProfile Cookbook that is included in the Download Package.
Part 2: Configure SAP GUI
- Create a StartSAPLogon registry key with type DWORD in HKLM\Software\SAP\SAPGui OR in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPGui and set the value as 0.
- The AccessProfile expects one of the saplogon.ini/SAPUILandscape.xml configuration files at :
If any one of the saplogon.ini/SAPUILandscape.xml files are not available in the %APPDATA%\SAP\Common, do the following tasks:
- Open the SAP Logon part of the AccessProfile.
- Edit the transition from state state_start to state state_setup.
- Edit the VBScript code and specify the correct location in the IniFilePath OR XmlFilePath string.
The SAP GUI AccessProfile can generate a random password, based on password policies set in the IMS Server. The AccessProfile contains a direct authentication service auth_SAP_random_password_engine that is uploaded to the server along with the AccessProfile.
The random password option is a user policy that you enable in AccessAdmin > User > Authentication service policies > SAP GUI random password engine. To apply to a group of users, apply a user policy template with the random password option enabled.
Administrators can set the random password generator policy for SAP GUI credentials from AccessAdmin > System >Authentication service policies > SAP GUI random password engine. Password policies are the only policies that you can use. Authentication policies do not apply to the SAP GUI AccessProfile.
Note: For information about how to convert an SAP Personal Authentication Service to an Enterprise Authentication Service, see the SAP GUI for Windows AccessProfile Cookbook that is included in the Download Package.
For more AccessProfiles, go to the AccessProfile Library.
|30 March 2021
Version 1.7 (zip, 1497 KB)
31 March 2021