This document describes how to download and install IBM WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V5.3.1 installation images using the Passport Advantage web site.
The following downloads are available within the WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V5.3 eAssembly (CRZVAML):
WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server Integrity V5.3.1 (C91PYML)
WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server S-series V5.3.1 (C91PVML)
There are additional installation considerations which are especially important if you are upgrading from V5.3.0 to V5.3.1.
For the HP NonStop Server hardware, you must install the following system
- G06.25 or later
- SPR T8306G10^ABG or later
- SPR T8994G09^AAL or later
- SPR T8397G00^ABC or later
- SPR T1248G07^AAY or later
- it is recommended to install at least the following additional SPRs:
For the HP Integrity NonStop Server hardware, you must install the following
- H06.05.01 or later
- SPR T8306H01^ABJ or later
- SPR T8994H01^AAM or later
- SPR T8397H01^ABD or later
For both platforms, any additional pre-requisites and recommended updates to system software are listed in the latest fix pack readme.
1. Locate the WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V5.3.1 eAssembly for your platform.
2. Download the eAssembly.
3. Unpack the eAssembly.
4. If installing on a J Series operating system, obtain fixpack V22.214.171.124 or later and follow the instructions in the readme file accompanying the fixpack. Although fixpack V126.96.36.199 introduced support for the J series operating system, we recommend installing using the latest fixpack. For quad-core systems running the J series operating system (NB54000c or similar), fixpack V188.8.131.52 or later is mandatory.
5. If installing on G or H series operating systems, follow the instructions in the Quick Beginnings Guide found on the WebSphere MQ Library page to install the product. Refer to the product readme for any additional installation, migration, upgrade and configuration information and see the rest of this page for additional considerations, especially when upgrading from V5.3.0. Make certain that the installation script (instmqm) provided with WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V5.3.1 or Websphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V184.108.40.206 or later is used to perform the installation. The structure of the MQ shared memory control and lock files has changed in V5.3.1 and if V5.3.0 versions of these files are used by V5.3.1, the results are unpredictable and will cause queue manager failures. These shared memory control and lock files are intended to be removed by instmqm during an upgrade, but under certain conditions, they are not and the error is undetected. This problem with instmqm has been corrected in V220.127.116.11 efix2 and later so that an installation will always fail if the shared memory files cannot be removed during an upgrade. It is recommended that customers download Websphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V18.104.22.168 or later fixpack (contact IBM support for location details) and extract the updated instmqm script from the archive to perform all V5.3.1 installations. If the V22.214.171.124 or later instmqm script is not used then the following manual procedure should be performed instead when upgrading a V5.3.0 installation to V5.3.1. a. Make certain that the MQ Guardian installation subvolume for executables has no open files. To do this, issue the command FUP LISTOPENS at the TACL prompt for all the files in the subvolume (for example, "FUP LISTOPENS $DATA01.WMQEXE.*"). If no output is displayed from the command, there are no open files. If there is output indicating files are open, locate the programs that are holding the files open and terminate them before beginning the upgrade using instmqm. b. Purge the MQ V5.3.0 shared memory control and lock files that are present in the Guardian installation subvolume for executables. These files can be identified by a prefix letter of C, L or S, followed by a single character CPU field (0 through 9, A through F) and then other alphanumeric characters. The following are examples of valid filenames of the shared memory control and lock files: C0000000 L0ALLSUB L0TRACE S0000000 One additional shared memory file must be purged in addition to those that match the pattern described above: SZ000100 Be careful NOT to accidentally delete any MQ product executables or libraries in the same subvolume. For example, there are several command line utility programs that begin with both the letter C and S (for example, CRTMQM and STRMQM). The product readme did not contain instructions to install the updated Entropy Daemon for SSL support. If you are using the WebSphere MQ SSL feature make sure to replace the daemon object code, amqjkdm0, with the new code found in
WebSphere MQ WMQ MQ Tandem NSK HP NonStop Integrity
Problems (APARS) fixed
Problems (APARS) fixed
15 June 2018