Question & Answer
What activities can interfere with the Db2 for z/OS migration process?
Generally normal application activity does not prevent Db2 migration jobs from completing.
But activity which locks catalog objects can interfere with the CATMAINT utility operations, including the following examples:
- Running utilities
- Binds, rebinds, and automatic binds
- DDL statements
- GRANT or REVOKE statements
- Running monitors such as Omegamon, TMON, and certain vendor packages
- Queries against the Db2 catalog
The recommendation is to avoid the above activities during migration.
For vendor packages, customers have reported ABEND04E RC00E40009 from DSNTIJEN thread contending with system service thread with CORRELATION-ID=021.OPNLGR00 on resource DSNDB01 with database lock type 100 (RC00C9008E). RC200B8 is seen on DSNDB06 .SYSTSPKD.X'nnnnnnnn'.
To resolve this,
1. Run the follow query:
- SELECT BQUALIFIER, BNAME, BTYPE, DOWNER, DTYPE, DCOLLID, DNAME
WHERE BNAME = 'SYSLGRNX';
2. FREE these pacakges.
3. Run DSNTIJEN again.
4. BIND/REBIND these packages after DSNTIJEN is successful.
16 June 2018