User launches "IBM Cognos FAP" from the start menu. The Controller "Financial Analytics Publisher" (FAP) Window appears. User starts a publish. User clicks the 'logs' tab. After a few seconds, an error appears.
The error message will vary slightly, but it will be similar to the following:
Could not login to TM1, host ControllerFAP, server name: servername , user name: admin
If you hover your mouse over the error, then a popup message appears:
There are many different possible causes for similar errors.
- TIP: See separate IBM Technote #1664572 for more scenarios.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the cause is that the 'Data Mart' definition has been incorrectly configured.
In one real-life customer case, the customer had mistakenly configured the settings for 'Admin host' and 'Server' the wrong way round:
Resolving The Problem
Edit the data mart, and ensure that the settings are correct.
- Admin Host = The Windows hostname (for example NetBIOS or FQDN) of the application server, where the TM1 server has been installed
- Server = The name of the TM1 cube (the 'TM1 server') which is being used (running on the TM1 server)
In one real-life customer example, the solution was:
1. Launch the FAP Client
2. Click tab 'Data Marts'
3. Highlight the relevant data mart (for example 'ControllerFAP') and click 'Edit'
4. Modify the settings for 'TM1 Connection' to be correct
5. Save changes
15 June 2018