Question & Answer
Why are there no scrypt4 firmware images on Fix Central to upgrade a virtual XG or XI to version 7.6.?
To upgrade a virtual XG45 or XI52 to version 7.6, you must first run a migration tool from Fix Central to convert the virtual XG45 or XI52 to a virtual DataPower Gateway. You can convert these virtual products to a virtual DataPower Gateway at any time.
You can obtain the migration tools from IBM Fix Central. Search with the text string Migration.
- Use xg-virtual_migration to convert a virtual XG45 to a virtual DataPower Gateway.
- Use xi-virtual_migration to convert a virtual XI52 to a virtual DataPower Gateway.
You can obtain the appropriate modules to activate from IBM Passport Advantage. I you previously purchased a module for your virtual XG45 or XI52, you entitled to the activator tool for the DataPower Gateway. Beyond this entitlement, you also have the following entitlements based on product.
- If you purchased the Data Integration Module for XG45, you are entitled to the Integration Module.
- If you purchased XI52, you are entitled to the Integration Module.
Attention: Before you start the process, create a full system backup not a secure-backup package. If the system reboots between the processing of the migration tool and the processing of your final activation tool, you might lose part of your persisted configuration. If a reboot happens, you can use this backup to restore your last persisted configuration.
The end-end-to-end migration process is as follows.
- Download the migration tool from IBM Fix Central.
- Run the migration tool.
- Download appropriate modules from IBM Passport Advantage for feature parity.
- Run the activators from the CLI with the following command.
# boot image -f accept-license activator
- Download a 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 or later firmware image from IBM Fix Central.
- Upgrade the firmware to from the CLI with the following command.
# boot image -f accept-license firmware
After the conversion, the reported product changes as follows.
- XG45 (5275-J90) is a DataPower Gateway (5275-T09)
- XI52 (5275-J91) is a DataPower Gateway (5275-T09)
15 June 2018