Cross-site scripting vulnerability in the IBM Jazz Foundation affects the following IBM Jazz based Applications: Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), Rational DOORS Next Generation (RDNG), Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager (RELM), Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Rational Rhapsody Design Manager (Rhapsody DM), and Rational Software Architect (RSA DM).
CVSS Base Score: 5.4
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/114277 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Quality Manager 4.0 - 4.0.7
Rational Quality Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Team Concert 4.0 - 4.0.7
Rational Team Concert 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational DOORS Next Generation 4.0 - 4.0.7
Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager 4.0.3 - 4.0.7
Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Rhapsody Design Manager 4.0 - 4.0.7
Rational Rhapsody Design Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Rational Software Architect Design Manager 4.0 - 4.0.7
Rational Software Architect Design Manager 5.0 - 5.0.2
Version 6.0 and above of the above products are not affected.
For the 5.x releases, upgrade to version 5.0.2 iFix17 or later
- Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 5.0.2 iFix17
- Rational Team Concert 5.0.2 iFix17
- Rational Quality Manager 5.0.2 iFix17
- Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0.2 iFix17
- Rational Software Architect Design Manager: Upgrade to version 5.0.2 and install server from CLM 5.0.2 iFix17
- Rational Rhapsody Design Manager: Upgrade to version 5.0.2 and install server from CLM 5.0.2 iFix17
- Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager: Upgrade to version 5.0.2 and install install server from CLM 5.0.2 iFix17
For the 4.x releases, upgrade to version 4.0.7 iFix11 or later
- Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0.7 iFix11
- Rational Team Concert 4.0.7 iFix11
- Rational Quality Manager 4.0.7 iFix11
- Rational DOORS Next Generation/Requirements Composer 4.0.7 iFix11
- Rational Software Architect Design Manager: Upgrade to version 4.0.7 and install server from CLM 4.0.7 iFix11
- Rational Rhapsody Design Manager: Upgrade to version 4.0.7 and install server from CLM 4.0.7 iFix11
- Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager: Upgrade to version 4.0.7 and install server from CLM 4.0.7 iFix11
For any prior versions of the products listed above, IBM recommends upgrading to a fixed, supported version/release/platform of the product.
Workarounds and Mitigations
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
IBM strongly suggests that all System z customers be subscribed to the System z Security Portal to receive the latest critical System z security and integrity service. If you are not subscribed, see the instructions on the System z Security web site. Security and integrity APARs and associated fixes will be posted to this portal. IBM suggests reviewing the CVSS scores and applying all security or integrity fixes as soon as possible to minimize any potential risk.
10 October 2016: Initial Publication
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES ""AS IS"" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
Rational DOORS Next Generation;Rational Team Concert;Rational Quality Manager;Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager;Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution
28 April 2021