*This document is applicable to all TM1 9.5.X releases (and earlier), regardless of FixPack or InterimFix level.*
If you have already implemented Custom SSL Certificates across all TM1 Components - then no action is required. It is still suggested that you roll your test environment clock to a date beyond November 24th 2016 - and verify that all connectivity/components functions as expected.
If you are using default TM1 SSL Certificates, they will expire November 24th 2016. If you use TM1 9.5.X or earlier, follow these steps to ensure you do not experience an outage! Failure to take action will result in your TM1 Environment being completely inaccessible November 24 2016.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
-Please ensure that you have already reviewed all of the relevant detail on the following page before you proceed: IBM Cognos TM1 SSL Expiration - Manual Fix Approach - Landing Page
-Do NOT confuse having custom certificates in your WebTier, as the solution. It is very possible that your WebTier had been configured for custom FRONT END / WEB certificates - and is still relying on the default TM1/APPLIX certificates for TM1 Server communication
-If your IBM Cognos TM1 environment uses a custom application server (such as Websphere), you will want to ensure you inquire with your AppServer Administrator to ensure all keystores are updated accordingly.
-If your IBM Cognos TM1 environment is distributed (server components residing on different servers), be sure to follow the appropriate steps for the appropriate components.
-All steps assume you are using a 64bit architecture. If you are using a 32bit installation of TM1, substitute all \bin64\ references, for \bin\
-It is advised that all customers verify not only that these steps work in a test environment (prior to any production changes), but that the server clocks be rolled ahead past November 24th 2016 to ensure that the product behaves as expected post expiration date.
-If you have questions, please log a service request with TM1 Support so that the problem can be addressed.
- Download the updated TM1 SSL Certificates from the following location: http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/quickorder?product=ibm%2FInformation+Management%2FCognos+TM1&fixids=BA-CTM1-SSL-ZIP-IF001
- Stop all IBM Cognos TM1 Services in the environment you are updating
- Extract the downloaded file/archive and extract it to any directory. For the purpose of this document, our files will be extracted in to <tm1_install_dir>\tm1\NewSSLCerts\
- After extracting the files, look inside of your extracted folder <tm1_install_dir>\tm1\NewSSLCerts\ . The following files should be present.
If you are on UNIX - skip to Step 10
- importsslcert.exe -remove
At this stage, all IBM Cognos TM1 Server-side components have been updated to use the new TM1 Certificates - and are no longer are risk of ticket expiration. If you wish to confirm, you may roll ahead your computer date/time, and recycle your TM1 Services - to know for sure that you are able to function on a date post November 24 2016.
15 June 2018