Funding allocations are incorrectly added to multiple Capital Projects when the Funding Source name is the same. This affects Budget Distribution and Calculation for each Capital Project.
Screenshot of the Problem
The screenshot shows that the Capital Project Record (left) has a Fund Allocation for 2017. However, the Capital Project Record (right) also shows the 2017 Fund Allocation. Note that the 2017 Fund Allocation is only given to the Capital Project Record (left).
This has been identified as a product defect under APAR IV88631
Issue has been seen in TRIRIGA Platform Version 184.108.40.206/10.4.1.1 and 10.5/3.5
Diagnosing The Problem
To replicate, please follow these steps:
1. Create a Funding Source
2. Create a Program
3. Allocate funds from the funding source in step 1 to the program in step 2, (Financials tab of Program record)
4. Create two capital projects with identical Names, the rest of the project information does not seem to matter, as long as the names are identical, which in Florida PROD you can do without issue or error.
5. On the Program again, add those two projects to the program.
6. Back on the Project, on the Budget tab, Funding Allocations section, add Funding for the first project from the Fund that you created on the program.
7. Once the funding has been allocated to the project, save the project.
8. Open the second project you created with the same name. On the Budget tab, Funding Allocations section, add additional funding to this project, from the same Funding Source.
9. Once the funding has been allocated to the project, save the project.
10. Open the 1st project back up, and you will see the funding you just added to Project 2 is also on Project 1.
11. It does not create duplicate allocation records, but rather associated the allocation to both projects, causing it to appear in both Project Fund Allocation sections.
Resolving The Problem
See APAR IV88631 for details
17 June 2018