Question & Answer
2. Using the link download the relevant visualizations for your version of Cognos.
3. Unzip the Visualization folder and save it to any directory on your machine. (Note: Attempting to import the archive itself without extracting it to the individual visualizations will result in the following error: VGS-GAL-1003 Invalid visualization format. VGS-GAL-1008 Unable to load visualization. VGS-GAL-1011 Missing visualization definition.)
4. Next, open “IBM Cognos Administration” in your browser and go to the “Library” tab.
5. You should see on the left panel a “Visualizations” item.
6. On the right hand ride, click on the “Import Visualizations” button.
7. Next a window will open, click “Browse” and navigate to your visualizations folder you downloaded and select the visualizations you want to add into Cognos.
8. After clicking on import it should display the message “Succeeded” next to the relevant uploads.
9. Then click close and the imported visualizations should appear under “Visualizations.”
Test import worked:
1. Open up report studio with any package.
2. From the toolbar drag “Visualization” from the toolbox in the report area.
3. Select any of the visualizations you imported.
4. Align the relevant data items and run the report.
“VGS-SRV-10001 INTERNAL SERVICE ERROR” - Ensure that you are running the latest fixpack for your version of Cognos and also visit the Visualizations download page and re download the latest Visualization package, as upgrading fixpacks means you need to download the newest version of the visualizations to work with the newly added fixpack.
VGS-GAL-1003 Invalid visualization format. VGS-GAL-1008 Unable to load visualization. VGS-GAL-1011 Missing visualization definition. - Ensure that you extract the downloaded archive before attempting to import.
29 July 2019