When trying to create an asset record and associate a rotating item, the user receives the error BMXAA4187E - The relationship ASSETSPEC does not exist for business object ITEMSPEC.
This occurs when try to associate an asset to a rotating item that has a classification.
The error message is the following: "BMXAA4187E - The relationship ASSETSPEC does not exist for business object ITEMSPEC.
Verify that the relationship specified in the parameter ASSETSPEC exists in the Maxrelationship table".
Resolving The Problem
1. Go to System Configuration > Platform Configuration > Database Configuration application.
2. Find the ITEMSPEC object.
3. Go to the Relationships tab.
4. Find the ROTATINGASSETSPEC relationship and make sure the Where Clause field is filled as follows:
inheritedfromitem = 1 and classstructureid=:classstructureid and assetattrid=:assetattrid and assetnum in (select b.assetnum from asset b where b.itemnum = :itemnum and assetspec.assetnum = b.assetnum and
assetspec.siteid = b.siteid)
5) Click on New Row and complete the fields as follows:
Relationship = ASSETSPEC
Child Object = ASSETSPEC
Where Clause = (assetspec.inheritedfromitem = 'yes' and assetspec.classstructureid = itemspec.classstructureid and assetspec.assetattrid = itemspec.assetattrid)
6.) Save changes.
7.) Try to create a new asset.
17 June 2018