When adding a new host, 'System not installed' error is seen.
When trying to add a newly installed host, you are receiving an error message indicating that the system is not installed on the host. When you review the logs, you find the following message:
Feb 5 14:38:27 ::ffff:192.168.192.192 [add_host] [main] com.q1labs.configservices.capabilities.AddHost: [ERROR] [NOT:0000003000][192.168.192.192/- -] [-/- -]System is not installed on host 192.168.192.192
Feb 5 14:38:27 ::ffff:192.168.192.192 [add_host] [main] com.q1labs.configservices.common.ConfigServicesException: System is not installed on host 192.168.192.192
Resolving The Problem
Install the patch that matches the QRadar build on the Console.
From the QRadar Web User Interface Click on Help > About to verify the Console build.
If the problem is not a version mismatch, follow the instructions below:
- Use a KVM, DRAC or IMM to access the QRadar Appliance you are trying to add.
- To get the QRadar Build Version at the CLI prompt enter the command.
- Confirm your IP address configuration to ensure that the host you are attempting to add is in fact the host you are intending to add. To verify this use the command.
- Check that the version on the newly installed host matches that of the Console including the major version, the patch number and the interim fix number.
A Managed Host is required to match the version of the rest of the Deployment exactly.
- Check that the following file exists on the host you are attempting to add:
This file is created when the patch installer completes successfully and if it is missing that may indicate an installation problem with your new host.
Where do you find more information?
Was this topic helpful?
31 August 2018