Question & Answer
How do I install IBM Maximo Mobile Asset Manager 7.5.1 for IBM Maximo Asset Management v7.6?
Maximo Asset Management 7.6 introduces new tools for deploying solutions in
your environment. Use this procedure to install IBM Maximo Mobile Asset
Manager 7.5.1 into your existing Maximo Asset Management 7.6 environment.
IBM Maximo Mobile Asset Manager 7.5.1 can be installed on Windows systems only
1. Log on to the Maximo Asset Management 7.6 administrative workstation.
Download and uncompress the package for your industry solution.
2. Create a backup image of your Maximo Asset Management 7.6 administrative
workstation. When you install version 7.5 industry solutions in Maximo Asset
Management 7.6, you do not have an automated uninstallation method that
returns the system to its previous state.
3. Start the process solution installation program by changing to the
install_home\bin directory of your Maximo Asset Management 7.6
installation and use the solutionInstallerGUI command.
solutioninstallerGUI.bat -pkgpath path_to_industry_solution_package -nl lang
The -pkgpath option specifies the path to the industry solution package.
Replace path_to_industry_solution_package with the path to the industry
solution package file you are installing. The -license option is used to accept
license terms. The -nl option is used to select a language for the installation.
-nl en -license accept
4. Read the information presented in the Warning message, and then click OK to
close the message and continue the installation.
5. Follow the steps in the installation program.
6. When the installation is complete, click Cancel click to exit the installation
7. Start the IBM Maximo Mobile Asset Manager 7.5.1 launchpad.
8. From the launchpad screen, select Enable IBM Maximo Mobile 7.5.1 License
for usage and follow the steps in the installation program.
9. When the installation is complete, click Done. Repeat this process to enable licenses for other Mobile products as required.
10. To complete the installation, start the Maximo Asset Management 7.6
configuration tool, and select the Update Database and Build and Deploy
Application EAR Files operation. When this operation is complete, the
database is updated and application EAR files are rebuilt and optionally
redeployed on the application server..
17 June 2018