Question & Answer
What licenses do I need to setup a Guardium Version 9 appliance?
The Guardium version 9 licensing scheme contains two types of keys:
1) Base key (also known as Reset key)
2) Append key
· is used to designate a Guardium appliance as either one of the following:
· This key does not enable the full scope of Guardium features (need to install Append Key for this)
· consists of 5 types of keys:
a) DAM Standard
b) DAM Advanced (also includes all features in DAM Standard)
c) VA Standard
d) VA Advanced (also includes all features in VA Standard)
e) Central Management
· requires a Base Key to be installed. Needed to enable certain Guardium features.
· A base key along with at least one Append key must be installed to enable the full scope of Guardium features.
· Refer to the following link for instructions on how to install licenses:
Review the following information to determine which license key must be added. This will depend on what features of the product have been purchased.
DAM - Data Access Management
App User - Application User Translation
VA - Vulnerability Assessment
DPS - Database Protection Service
CAS - Change Audit System
Agg - Aggregator
Adv Workflow - Advanced Compliance Workflow Automation
Ctrl Mgmt - Central Management
Ent.Rep – Database Entitlement Reports
o Base Collector key (required) plus at least one of the following ‘Append’ functional keys:
- § Either DAM Standard or DAM Advanced
§ Either VA Standard or VA Advanced
o Base Aggregator key (required) plus at least one of the following ‘Append’ functional keys:
§ Either DAM Standard or DAM Advanced
§ Either VA Standard or VA Advanced
§ Central Management ‘Append’ key (only if the appliance will act as a Central manager)
· If a base key is re-applied for whatever reason, each additional ‘Append’ key must also be re-applied to enable Guardium features.
· The Discovery functionality is part of the DAM Standard license.
List of license keys for version 9 (available for download from Passport Advantage):
|Part Number||Description||License Type|
|CIC31ML||IBM InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 - Collector Base Product Key Multiplatform Multilingual||Base Key|
|CIC32ML||IBM InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 - Aggregator Base Product Key Multiplatform Multilingual||Base Key|
|CIC3RML||IBM InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 Central Management and Aggregation, Product Key Multiplatform Multilingual||Append Key|
|CIC4EML||IBM InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 Standard Activity Monitoring, Product Key Multiplatform Multilingual||Append Key|
|CIC4GEN||IBM InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 Standard Vulnerability Assessment, Product Key Multiplatform English||Append Key|
|CIC4FML||IBM InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 Advanced Activity Monitoring, Product Key Multiplatform Multilingual||Append Key|
|CIC3QEN||IBM InfoSphere Guardium V9.0 Advanced Vulnerability Assessment, Product Key Multiplatform English||Append Key|
License key installation procedure:
A] In a Federated environment (Collectors and/or Aggregators are managed by a Central Manager) -
1) Install Aggregator base product key (CIC32ML) on the to be designated Central Manager appliance.
2) Install the Central Management append key (CIC3RML) as well as other append keys on this appliance.
Use the store unit type CLI command to promote the appliance to Manager.
3) Set the Shared Secret key (if it hasn't been set already) using any one of these methods -
a) From CLI: use command 'store system shared secret' to set the Shared Secret key
b) From GUI: set the Shared Secret key under Administration Console / Config & Control / System
4) Set the same Shared Secret key on all Collectors and Aggregators that need Central Management,
and register them as managed units with the Central Manager.
(i) All Guardium appliances must have the same Shared Secret key as the Central Manager to be allowed to register as a managed unit.
(ii) When an appliance is registered as a managed unit with a Central Manager, the Central Manager license keys get installed on the managed unit. Hence, there is no need to install Base key and Append keys on a managed unit.
(iii) When a managed unit is un-registered, it will loose all license keys.
B] In a non-federated environment (Collectors and/or Aggregators appliances are NOT centrally managed) -
1) Install Collector base product key (CIC31ML) on all Collectors followed by append keys.
2) Install Aggregator base product key (CIC32ML) on all Aggregators followed by append keys.
16 June 2018