Collecting data for problems with the IBM WebSphere Application Server HTTP and TCP Channel component. Gathering this MustGather information before calling IBM support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Resolving The Problem
If you have already contacted support, continue on to the component-specific MustGather information. Otherwise, click: MustGather: Read first for all WebSphere Application Server.
Channel Framework MustGather information
Collect the following data.
- Run genHistoryReport.bat or genHistoryReport.sh, which is located in the following directory:
- Stop the Web server and delete all Web server logs and the http_plugin.log file on the Web server system.
- If you suspect that the problem might be related to the WebSphere Application Server plug-in, or to the Web server itself, enable a full plug-in trace. To perform a plug-in trace, see the Plug-in MustGather documents.
- Start the Web Server.
- Important: Synchronize clocks on all Web server and WebSphere Application Server systems.
- Take backup and clear all Application Server logs:
The log files are located in the following directory:
Note: If you have configured to write Application Server log files into a different location, then clear them accordingly.
Note: If you have configured to write FFDC log files into a different location, then clear them accordingly.
Note: For detailed instructions on enabling trace, see How to setup a Trace. Please make sure to follow Static Trace direction. TCP Channel trace needs a server restart, collecting dynamic trace will not collect all the information.
- Capture a browser screen displaying the error with friendly HTTP Errors disabled. Press <Alt>+<PrtSc> to capture the current browser window into the clipboard. Paste that into a file.
- Collect the following documents and information:
- Were clocks synchronized?
- The Application Server logs, such as the following logs:
For a listing of all technotes, downloads, and educational materials specific to the Servlet Engine/Web Container component, search the WebSphere Application Server support site.
Submitting information to IBM support
Steps to getting support for WebSphere Application Server
MustGather: Read first for WebSphere Application Server
Troubleshooting guide for WebSphere Application Server
15 June 2018