Attempts to run a BIRT report results in error loading JDBC driver when using IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).
The reports will fail, or will report an error loading the JDBC drivers.
The BIRT reports will attempt to load the JDBC drivers are included on the server side under org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc /drivers folder. If the driver is not in that location, the reports will fail.
Resolving The Problem
The JDBC drivers should be added into the org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc*.jar in order to run the reports.
- Stop the Jazz service thats running.
- On your server, run a search for org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc*.jar.
The search should provide three directories as the result. Be sure to take note of the JAR file owner and permissions.
- Make a backup of the org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc*.jar files
- Unzip one of the org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc*.jar files.
- If the JAR file that you just unzipped still exists, delete it so you only have the unzipped directory of the JAR file.
- In the newly created directory org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc* you will find a subdirectory named "drivers", copy your jdbc drivers and licenses into this directory.
- JAR up the org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc* directory, be sure the JAR has the same name of the original JAR (including version number) that you unzipped.
- Set the appropriate owner and permissions on the new JAR file to match that of the original.
- Replace the remaining org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc*.jar files with the new org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc*.jar.
- If using IBM WebSphere application server, clear the temporary directories (../temp and ../wstemp).
- Navigate to the ../server directory in your Jazz installation path.
- Execute each of the repotools files using the "-clean -version" options.
./repotools-ccm.sh -clean -version
./repotools-jts.sh -clean -version
./repotools-qm.sh -clean -version
- Restart Rational Team Concert.
The BIRT JDBC Data Source is not supported out of the box. You will need to patch the server as mentioned above and deploy the JDBC Driver jars to the BIRT drivers folder. If you require assistance in setting up the BIRT client to talk to a particular database, you will probably need to ask the question in the Eclipse BIRT forums.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
Rational Team Concert
16 June 2018