When trying to access Operation Console, after selecting the adminhost, a pop up appears: "None of the servers are contactible"
The IBM Cognos TM1 Operations Console requires a certificate in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) keystore
Resolving The Problem
Add certificates to the JRE keystore
1. Run the Java keytool command to import the certificate into the keystore.
a. Open a command prompt and change to the following directory:
where <location> is the file directory where Cognos TM1 is installed.
On 64-bit computers, be sure to add the certificates to the bin64 folder.
b. Run the following command line. For formatting purposes the command is shown here with line breaks but you should enter the command all on one line.
keytool -import -file "C:\<location>\bin\ssl\applixca.pem"
For 64-bit installations, target the 64-bit folder when dealing with the certificates. For example, this sample command targets the 64-bit jre:
cd C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\TM1_64\bin64\jre\6.0\bin
The following command is an example used on 64-bit systems. For formatting purposes this command is shown with line breaks but you should enter the command all on one line.
keytool -import -file "C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\TM1_64\bin64\
ssl\applixca.pem" -keystore "C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\TM1_64\bin64\
jre\6.0\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass "changeit"
If you do not correctly target the 64-bit locations for certificates when running a 64-bit installation, you receive a warning message indicating that you cannot contact the servers.
c. Enter yes when prompted to trust or add the certificate.
The following message displays: Certificate was added to keystore
2. You may need to restart Apache Tomcat to have the change take effect.
Remember: Re-add certificates any time you re-install Cognos TM1 .
3. Also ensure that the OpsConfig.xml is updated with the correct TM1 server entries.
Edit the OpsConfig.xml file
1. Edit the OpsConfig.xml file using an XML or text editor.
- For the Apache Tomcat provided with the Cognos TM1 installation, the file is located here:
- If you are using your own version of Apache Tomcat, the file is located here:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\tm1operationsconsole\WEB-INF\configuration
2. Update the OpsConfig.xml file with the adminhost, server, and group names.
The following sample OpsConfig.xml file is configured for the sdata sample Cognos TM1 server running on the local computer with a user group named "monitor."
<server name ="sdata"> <group>monitor</group>
3. Save and close the OpsConfig.xml file.
15 June 2018