Attempts to register the Requirements Management (RM) application through jts/setup or rm/setup in IBM Rational Requirements Composer result in error: "The user ID you are currently using is not authorized to finalize this application"
Once you unregister the RM application, you cannot re-register.
In the application finalization screen you see the following error:
CRRRS3006E The user ID you are currently using is not authorized to finalize this application. Other possibility is that you are not authorized to configure an already existing RM storage areas on the Jazz Team Server.
The error opens on both Tomcat and IBM WebSphere application servers.
Resolving The Problem
The following steps describe how you can re-register the application for CLM 3.0.1
As this process will remove all relationship to the existing RM applications, any existing RM data (including Lifecycle projects links) will be removed.
This process should only be used if a fresh RM installation setup failed or if you do not have RM projects registered yet.
For CLM 220.127.116.11+ [change and configuration management (CCM), quality management (QM), and requirements management (RM)] you alternatively can follow the non-supported steps described in
- Navigate to https://
: /jts/admin > Server > Registered Applications page.
- Make note of the registered consumer key for the RM application.
- Remove the RM application as a registered application.
- Stop the server.
- Run the Repotools COMMAND 1 from the command prompt. The default location of Repotools is under
- Replace the key below with the key from step 4 above.
- Run COMMAND 2.
- Open the file keys.csv from the folder repotools was executed from to verify the deletion of com.ibm.rdm.* storage areas. If the keys were not deleted, repeat setps 5 - 7 or contact support if the problem persists.
- Start the server
- Navigate to https://(server):(port)/jts/setup. The RM application should be detected and registered successfully.
- Continue through the setup to finalize the RM application.
16 June 2018