Question & Answer
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Administration Center hardware and software requirements and support.
Minimum Hardware and Software Requirements
TSM Administration Center Version 6.3
|The machine hosting the Administration Center and Tivoli Integrated Portal (TIP) requires the following:
1. The host machine cannot have a underscore "_" in the host name. The underscore character is not allowed for web server names and the host name is used as the web server name for the Administration Center.
2.*See the table below for additional hardware and software requirements for your specific platform/operating systems.
|The machine hosting the administration center can be the same machine as the server if it meets the hardware/ software requirements and is running one of the operating systems shown in the table below.|
|Network connectivity: To use the console across a network, the following items are required for the machine:
where, hostname.yourco.com, is the fully-qualified host name.
|The Tivoli Storage Manager Administration Center Web interface for the server and a Web client interface for client machines require a Java Swing-capable Web browser:
*Firefox 3.6 is not supported with Tivoli Common Reporting. If you install the optional Tivoli Common Reporting component, you cannot use Firefox 3.6 for that section of the interface.
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) V1.6 is required.
- Any system from the IBM POWER™ family of processors
- 512 MB or more , 1 GB recommended
- AIX 6.1
- AIX 7.1
- CPU speeds of late model, mid-range to high-end servers are recommended. Pentium 500MHz or equivalent at a
minimum. Production environments should consider the Pentium 4 processor at 1.4GHz or higher.
- 512 MB or more for runtime installations, 1 GB recommended
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6*
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- Sun Solaris operating environment compatible SPARC workstation at 440MHz or faster, at 1 GHz or higher is recommended.
- 512 MB or more, 1 GB recommended
Also see note 1
- Solaris 10
- CPU speeds of late model, mid-range to high-end servers are recommended. Pentium 500 MHz or equivalent at a
- Intel EM64T, AMD
- 512 MB or more for runtime installations
File system: NTFS file system is recommended.
Also see note 1
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2008 R2
TSM Administration Center V6.3
Minimum Hardware and Software Requirements for each Operating System
Operating System Version
(TIP is a 32-bit application which will run on either 32-bit or 64-bit hardware)
In Version 6.3, the Administration Center cannot be installed in an IBM Workload Partition for AIX (WPAR).
Also see note 1.
x86 (32-bit and 64-bit),
and zSeries )
Also see note 1
*If you plan to install Tivoli Monitoring for Tivoli Storage Manager, do not install the Administration Center on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 6. Tivoli Common Reporting is not supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
|| One of the following (32-bit or 64-bit)
1. The memory needed for the Administration Center is additional memory beyond what is needed for the operating system and your existing applications.
2. For the latest recommendations on the Administration Center,
on http://www.ibm.com, use search keyword TSMADMINCENTER.
17 June 2018