Question & Answer
Customer wants to add a module to the Go To Menu. Is there a way to add custom modules to the Go To Menu?
There is no way to do through the Application Designer.
In order to add a module to the Go To menu, you will need to manually add entries to the MAXMODULES and MAXMENU tables.
Here are the steps to do this:
1. Make a database backup. Anytime you do back-end manipulation of your MAXIMO database, it is extremely important to back up the Database in case you need to restore.
2. select * from maxmodules order by maxmodulesid
Make note of the highest number in maxmoduleid column.
3. Run the insert statement below and make sure that MAXMODULESID is at least 20 greater than highest value from step 2.
Insert into MAXMODULES ( MODULE, DESCRIPTION, MAXMODULESID) values ('CUSTOM', 'Custom Applications', 150)
4. select * from maxmenu order by maxmenuid
Make note of the highest number in the maxmenuid column.
5. select * from maxmenu order by position
Make note of the highest number in the position column.
6. Run the insert statement below and make sure the POSITION column is 1000 greater than highest number. Make sure the MAXMENUID is 200 greater than highest number.
Insert into MAXMENU (MENUTYPE, MODULEAPP, POSITION, SUBPOSITION, ELEMENTTYPE, KEYVALUE, HEADERDESCRIPTION, VISIBLE, IMAGE, MAXMENUID)
values ('MODULE', 'CUSTOM', '1500', 0,'MODULE', 'CUSTOM', 'Custom Application', 1,'Your IMAGE gif' 7100)
***Note for images*** Available icons are in the following folder: Maximo\applications\maximo\maximouiweb\webmodule\webclient\images.
If you make your own icon it must be a 16x16 GIF icon.
7. Restart the application server.
8. Insert a New Application in Application Designer. You will now be allowed to pick the Module called CUSTOM.
17 June 2018