User clicks "Maintain - User - Rights". An error appears. If they then click on any user's name, then the CAM user ID is empty (blank). New CAM users cannot be added/edited.
The user currently logged in is not authorized to use this method
There are other possible causes for this message.
- TIP: See separate IBM Technote #1371155 for more examples.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the cause is that both of the following are correct:
- the 'Allow Anonymous Access' setting (in Cognos Configuration) is configured to be FALSE
- However, Controller is set to use Native authentication.
- In other words, Controller is not configured to use Cognos CAM authentication.
Resolving The Problem
When Controller uses Native security, then the setting 'Allow Anonymous Access' should be TRUE.
1. Obtain some downtime (no users in the system)
2. Logon to the Controller application server
3. Launch 'Cognos Configuration'
4. Navigate to the section "Security > Authentication > Cognos"
5. Assuming you are not planning to use Active Directory, set Allow Anonymous Access to TRUE.
15 June 2018