Customer has configured Single Sign On (SSO), using Active Directory. Customer is trying to use the "IdentityMapping" (NTLM) option. SSO initially appears to work (to log in to Cognos). However, when accessing the Administration panel the user gets an error.
PF-VAL-6166 Verification failed
Incorrect capitalisation of the configuration value "singleSignOnOption".
In one real-life case, the "Advanced Properties" entry for SSO was set to "SingleSignOnOption" (instead of "singleSignOnOption" - notice the capitalization).
Customer wanting to use NTLM (not the default setting, which is to use Kerberos).
- To use NTLM, you add the setting: singleSignOnOption IdentityMapping
- To use Kerberos, you simply remove that setting.
Resolving The Problem
Modify the value of "SingleSignOnOption" to "singleSignOnOption"
1. Open 'Cognos Configuration'
2. Select the Active Directory namespace (authentication source)
3. Click on the edit button for "Advanced properties"
4. Change the entry "SingleSignOnOption" to "singleSignOnOption"
5. Save changes and restart Cognos 8 service
15 June 2018