Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Sun StorageTek T10000
Sun StorageTek T10000A
Two new recording formats, T10000A and T10000A-C, are available for the ECARTRIDGE device type for use with StorageTek T10000 media and StorageTek T10000 tape drives on AIX, Linux, HP-UX, Sun, and Windows. The StorageTek T10000 drive offers higher capacity than the previous generation T9940 tape drive.
Format T10000A is uncompressed (standard), with an estimated capacity of 500GB. Format T10000A-C is compressed, with an estimated capacity of 1TB.
1. When defining a device class for a StorageTek T10000A drive, use
- o devtype=ECARTridge
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=ECARTridge FORMAT=T10000A .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=ECARTridge FORMAT=T10000A-C .....
- T10000A - Specifies that IBM Tivoli Storage Manager writes data that uses the T10000A recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 500GB when using T10000A media.
T10000A-C - Specifies that IBM Tivoli Storage Manager writes data that uses the T10000A recording format with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 1 TB when using T10000A media.
2. StorageTek T10000A drive has a data compression ratio of 2:1
3. Device identification and firmware levels used during validation
- Drive ID : STK T10000A
Firmware : 127
Firmware : 131 (for Volsafe validation with TSM 5.3.5)
4. Volsafe is supported in TSM version 5.3.5 and later. When defining a device class for StorageTek T10000A Volsafe media, use WORM=YES.
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=ECARTridge FORMAT=T10000A WORM=YES .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=ECARTridge FORMAT=T10000A-C WORM=YES .....
5. Supported media
- StorageTek T10000A Read/Write media
- StorageTek T10000A Volsafe media
6. StorageTek T10000A drive reports drive serial number.
7. IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Version 5.3.3 and later supports Sun StorageTek T10000A Drive Encryption. See Technote 1253907 for more information.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018