Question & Answer
How can you create and use verification points (VP) in IBM® Rational® Performance Tester (RPT)?
A verification point verifies whether or not an expected behavior occurred. There are three types of Verification points in RPT.
When a test containing a verification point runs, an error is reported if an expected behavior did not occur. Three types of verification point (VP) are supported
- Page Title VPs: report an error if no page title, or a title different from what you expected, was returned.
- Response Code VPs: report an error if a response code different from what you expected was returned.
- Response Size VPs: report an error if the size of a response is different from what you expected.
You can enable verification points globally in the test editor preference. (Go to Window > Preferences > Test > Performance Test Editor. ) Follow this procedure to set verification points selectively for particular tests, when global verification points are disabled (the default).
To add a verification point:
- Open the test.
- In the test editor, click the test name, a test page, or a page request. Your choice determines the scope: whether the verification point you select is added to all test pages, to a particular page in the test, or to a particular request in a page.
- Right-click and select one of the following:
- So that you can easily disable verification points in a test, enabling verification points toggles the selections to Disable Page Title VPs, Disable Response Code VPs, or Disable Response Size VPs.
|Enable Page Title VPs||To inspect or set your expectation: Page Title VPs cannot be added to requests so this selection is not presented when a request is selected.|
|Enable Response Code VPs||To inspect or set your expectation.|
|Enable Response Size VPs||To inspect or set your expectation.|
16 June 2018