Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Exabyte Magnum 1x7 2U
Beginning with Version 7.1.3, IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager is now IBM Spectrum Protect™. Some applications such as the software fulfillment systems and IBM License Metric Tool use the new product name. However, the software and its product documentation continue to use the Tivoli Storage Manager product name. To learn more about the rebranding transition, see technote 1963634.
Exabyte Magnum 1x7 2U
Storage Slot Addresses
Entry/Exit Slot Address
1. Library capacity
- 1 drive 7 slots
2. Barcodes are supported.
3. Device identifications and firmware levels
- Library ID : EXABYTE LTO 1x7 2U --- Firmware : B004 (validated with TSM 5.3.1)
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-TD2 --- Firmware : 4770 (validated with TSM 5.3.1)
Drive ID : IBM ULTRIUM-TD3 --- Firmware : 52E0
Drive ID : HP Ultrium 3-SCSI --- Firmware : D217
4. ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
5. Exabyte LTO 1x7 2U is available with the following drives:
- IBM ULTRIUM-TD2
- IBM ULTRIUM-TD3 (Firmware 52E0)
- IBM ULTRIUM-TD4 (Firmware 74H4)
- HP Ultrium 920 (Firmware D217)
Library and drive may require different minimum TSM levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018