Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Quantum DLT VS160 and IBM 80/160 GB DLTVS Drives
IBM 80/160 GB DLTVS
Quantum DLT VS160
1. When defining a device class for DLT VS160 drives, use
- format=<DRIVE | DLT2 | DLT2C>
DLT2 and DLT2C formats
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=DLT FORMAT=DLT2 .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=DLT FORMAT=DLT2C .....
DLT2 - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the DLT2 recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 80GB when using DLTtape VS1 media.
DLT2C - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the DLT2C recording format with compression. This format results in a cartridge capacity of approximately 160GB when using DLTtape VS1 media.
2. 80 GB native capacity and approximately 160 GB with 2:1 compression
3. Device identifications and firmware levels
- IBM 80/160 GB DLTVS
- Drive ID : IBM VS160
- Firmware : 1F00
- Quantum DLT VS160
- Drive ID : QUANTUM DLT VS160
- Firmware : 1800
4. Supported media
- DLTtape VS1 media
- Read Compatible with DLT1 & VS80 media
5. IBM 80/160 GB DLTVS and Quantum VS160 drives report drive serial numbers.
See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018