Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for HP StorageWorks 30ux and Plasmon UDO Drives
HP StorageWorks 30ux
1. When defining a device class for a UDO drive, use
- devtype=OPTical | WORM
- format=<DRIVE | 30GB>
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=OPTical FORMAT=30GB .....
DEFine DEVclass devclassname DEVType=WORM FORMAT=30GB .....
30GB - Specifies that TSM writes data that uses the 30GB recording format. This format results in a cartridge capacity of 30GB when using UDO1 media.
2. 30 GB capacity and 8KB sector size.
3. Use the LABEL LIBVOL command to label the media. The Media Labeling wizard does not support labeling of optical media.
4. Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation
- HP StorageWorks 30ux
Drive ID : HP AA961A
Firmware : 3.0 (Validated in TSM 5.3.1)
- Plasmon UDO
Drive ID : Plasmon UDO1
Firmware : A009
Firmware: U06 (validated with TSM 5.4.3)
5. Supported media
- HP StorageWorks
- HP UDO 30GB Rewritable
- HP UDO 30GB WORM
- Plasmon UDO
- Plasmon UDO1 RW
- Plasmon UDO1 WORM
6. All UDO1 drives report drive serial numbers.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018