Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for ADIC/Quantum Scalar i2000 and Dell PowerVault 160T
ADIC/Quantum Scalar i2000
Dell PowerVault 160T
Default Element Addresses
Storage Slot Addresses
Entry/Exit Slot Addresses
256 - 303
ADIC Scalar i2000
1. Library capacity
- 96 drives 3492 slots
2. Barcodes are supported.
3. Quantum Scalar i2000 Library Managed Encryption solutions are supported as follows:
- Quantum Encryption Key Manager (Q-EKM) supports IBM LTO4 and LTO5 drives.
- Quantum Scalar Key Manager (SKM) supports HP Ultrium 4 and HP Ultrium 5 drives. Tivoli Storage Manager Server version 6.1.3 and later is required.
- To allow Quantum EKM or Quantum SKM to manage encryption keys, set the DRIVEEncryption option for DEVCLASS to ALLOW.
4. ADIC Scalar i2000 or Quantum Scalar i2000 is supported with the following drives.
- Dell PowerVault 160T is available with Ultrium LTO-2 drives.
5. Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation
- ADIC Scalar i2000 and Dell PV-160T
- Library ID : ADIC Scalar i2000 --- Firmware : 100A
- Drive ID : IBM Ultrium TD-1 --- Firmware : 25D4
- Library ID : ADIC Scalar i2000 --- Firmware : 300A
- Drive ID : IBM Ultrium TD-3
- Quantum Scalar i2000
- Library ID : ADIC Scalar i2000 --- Firmware : 500A
- Library ID : QUANTUM Scalar i2000 --- Firmware : 510A
- Drive ID : QUANTUM DLT-S4 --- Firmware : V31
6. ELEMENT=AUTODETECT in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
7. Currently, Quantum Scalar i2000 does not support Ultrium 5 WORM media.
Library and drive may require different minimum Tivoli Storage Manager levels. Therefore, ensure that both library and drive hardware are supported. See "Supported Devices for AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows" or "Supported Devices for Linux" for minimum supported version levels and platforms for these devices.
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager version 6.1 documentation.
17 June 2018