EOS announced for Maximo 6.0 and 6.1
End of Support (EOS) for Maximo product family versions 6.0 and 6.1 was announced on April 13, 2010. This EOS includes Maximo Asset Management, Maximo ITAM, Maximo Service Desk, and all supporting components on versions 6.0 and 6.1. The effective date of this EOS will be September 30, 2011. Please see the IBM announcement for a complete list of 6.0, 6.1 Maximo products and components affected by this EOS.
After September 30, 2011 fixes, patches, and telephone support will no longer be provided for these versions or components of Maximo 6.0, 6.1. All customers that are currently up to date on IBM Subscription and Support are entitled to upgrade to the latest release.
We encourage you to plan your upgrade now.
· Maximo Asset Management 6.0 and 6.1 customers can upgrade to IBM Maximo Asset Management version 7.1
· Maximo ITAM 6.0 and 6.1 customers can upgrade to IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT version 7.2
· Maximo Service Desk 6.0 and 6.1 customers can upgrade to IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager version 7.2
Please note that the product names for Maximo ITAM and Maximo Service Desk have changed.
By upgrading to these replacement products you can take advantage of the valuable functionality that is offered in the latest product release. Furthermore, there is a proven path to upgrade with our Maximo/Tivoli upgrade utility. This upgrade utility is packaged with the core 7.x products and therefore available to you at no cost.
Benefits of upgrading to IBM Maximo Asset Management 7.1
· Maximo 7.1 offers significant functionality enhancements in the areas of: asset management; configuration tooling; global deployment; migration tooling; preventative maintenance; planning; reporting; safety; service management; supply chain, and work management
· In addition to the core Maximo enhancements mentioned above, we also offer numerous Industry Solutions and Add-ons to Maximo 7.1 that were not available in earlier releases, including the IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler, where clients can view and schedule work orders, tasks and preventive maintenance forecasts graphically in a Gantt chart; and IBM Maximo Archiving with Optim Data Growth Solution, which helps implement policy-driven archiving of Maximo data that enables the user to run Maximo at an optimal configuration while supporting their reporting and data retention requirements
Benefits of upgrading to IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT 7.2
· Version 7.2 provides key new functionality in the areas of software license management and software asset management, enabling customers to maintain an audit ready posture, and control software cost
· Enhancements include new “licenses” and “deployed software” applications, a new Software Catalog, a toolkit to manage the Catalog, integration with new Tivoli Asset Discovery tools for both distributed and mainframe environments, as well as enhancements to core asset lifecycle management capabilities and Best Practices content
Benefits of upgrading to IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager 7.2
· v7 versions provide tremendous value to customers through additional functions such as service catalog, enhanced knowledge management, remote diagnostics and out of the box contents
· Additionally, Tivoli Service Request Manager in conjunction with Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database, Tivoli Release Process Manager, Tivoli Asset Management for IT, and Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager provide true integrated service management capability
Resources are available for assistance with the upgrade
To further enhance your upgrade experience and planning, we are recommending managed transitions through IBM Global Business Services (GBS) or through your trusted IBM Business Partner that have been trained on the Maximo 6.0, 6.1 upgrade process. IBM encourages you to contact our Global Business Services organization to receive further information about product upgrade options.
Hosting options are also available to streamline the upgrade process
Once you have upgraded, alternatives are available that provide an excellent way to eliminate capital hardware expenditures and the burden on your local IT infrastructure. Maximo Hosting Services provide flexibility and scalability, help maximize long-term ROI, and can enhance performance, availability and security. For additional questions on our Hosting Services, please contact Kurt Dionne.
Extended Maintenance is available if you are not able to upgrade at this time
Please note that if you are current on IBM Subscription and Support, and are unable to upgrade before September 30, 2011, you do have the option to purchase an annual Extended Service Contract. To be eligible, clients must show that they are preparing an IBM Maximo upgrade roadmap. Extended service is priced at a premium and only available for two years. For additional details, please visit the Tivoli Extended Support page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this EOS announcement, please feel free to contact Vikul Banta. Alternatively, you can contact your IBM client executive. If you do not know who your client executive is, please contact Lee Blakemore.
As your solutions partner, we remain dedicated to your success and look forward to working with you to realize the greatest business advantage from IBM Maximo solutions.
William J. Sawyer
Vice President, Maximo and Hosting Operations
IBM Tivoli Software
17 June 2018