This SupportPac provides a simple command line tool (xmqdspev) to display WebSphere MQ events that are generated on the SYSTEM.ADMIN.*.EVENT event queues.
The tool provided in this SupportPac reads, interprets and displays WebSphere MQ events generated on the SYSTEM.ADMIN.*.EVENT event queues. The output can be optionally re-directed to a file and the tool may be triggered by WebSphere MQ if required. All event messages are supported.
• To troubleshoot WebSphere MQ configuration issues.
• To troubleshoot WebSphere MQ application issues.
• To monitor and record the activity on a queue manager.
• To provide event information easily consumable by other tools.
Skill Level Required
This SupportPac requires a working knowledge of WebSphere MQ administration on the supported platforms.
New in this Release
• Updated and tested for IBM MQ V8.0.
• Added new option -z to specify a password.
• Fixed various bugs.
Author: Oliver Fisse, IBM Software Services for WebSphere (ISSW)
Last updated: 15Jul15
Current SupportPac Version: 1.3
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere MB product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
This SupportPac requires WebSphere MQ V6, V7, V7.1, V7.5 or V8.0 running on the supported Operating System platform.
1. Download mh05.zip to a temporary location.
2. Uncompress mh05.zip with your favourite tool to a location of your choice.
3. This will create the necessary files and directory.
4. Follow the instructions in the documentation (mh05.pdf) for configuration
Category 2 SupportPacs are provided in good faith and AS-IS. There is no warranty or further service implied or committed and any supplied sample code is not supported via IBM product service channels.
You may submit a question using the 'rate this page' below but a response is not guaranteed.
Please read the license information contained within the zip file of this SupportPac to determine if you want to use it.
15 June 2018