Question & Answer
- In other words, they already performed the tasks inside either the separate technote 1380097 or 2012534
- tip: Links for Controller 10.3.1 and 10.4.1 are given at the end of this technote.
NOTE: The following is a basic example only. It may need to be modified, based on your environment (such as version of Controller / CA):
- Typically this is your Cognos Analytics server.
- Create a Cognos CAM security namespace
- Set 'Anonymous Access' to false
- For example, if using Cognos Analytics 11 then (by default) this is here: C:\Program Files\IBM\cognos\analytics
- Different versions of Controller have different requirements, so the contents (of that file) are slightly different
- Some examples are given below. Naturally you will need to edit the entry with the name of your Controller application server. In a split Cognos Controller Web installation (frontend is installed on a separate Gateway server), you will need to edit the entry with the name of your Gateway (Controller Web frontend) server.
9. Log on to the Controller application server (where Controller Web server is installed)
- tip: By default, this is here: C:\Program Files\IBM\cognos\ccr_64\fcmweb\wlp\usr\servers\fcm.web
11. Open the following file inside NOTEPAD: com.ibm.cognos.fcm.web.properties
- Example #1 (Cognos BI using CGI): http://<BI_host>/ibmcognos/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi
- Example #2 (Cognos Analytics without SSO gateway): http://<CA_server>:9300/bi/v1/disp
- The default location is http://<BI_host>:9300/p2pd/servlet/dispatch
- In this scenario, it should be: CAM
Was this topic helpful?
05 May 2021