Cross-site scripting vulnerability in Business Space allows a remote attacker to inject script.
CVSS Base Score: 5.4
CVSS Temporal Score: See https://exchange.xforce.ibmcloud.com/vulnerabilities/138135 for the current score
CVSS Environmental Score*: Undefined
CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
Affected Products and Versions
- IBM Business Process Manager V220.127.116.11 through V18.104.22.168
- IBM Business Process Manager V22.214.171.124 through V126.96.36.199
- IBM Business Process Manager V188.8.131.52 through V184.108.40.206
- IBM Business Process Manager V220.127.116.11
- IBM Business Process Manager V18.104.22.168 through V22.214.171.124 CF2
- IBM Business Process Manager V126.96.36.199 through V188.8.131.52 Cumulative Fix 2017.06
- IBM Business Process Manager V184.108.40.206 through V220.127.116.11 Cumulative Fix 2017.12
- IBM Business Process Manager Enterprise Service Bus V18.104.22.168
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V22.214.171.124 through V126.96.36.199
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus Registry Edition V188.8.131.52 through V184.108.40.206
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V220.127.116.11 through V18.104.22.168
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus Registry Edition V22.214.171.124 through V126.96.36.199
- WebSphere Process Server V188.8.131.52 through V184.108.40.206
The recommended solution is to apply the Interim Fix (iFix) or Cumulative Fix (CF) containing APAR JR58937 as soon as practical:
- IBM Business Process Manager
- IBM Business Process Manager Advanced
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard
- IBM Business Process Manager Express
- WebSphere Process Server
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus (including WESB Registry Edition)
Because IBM Business Process Manager V7.5, V8.0 and WebSphere Process Server V7.0 are out of general support, fixes for V7.0, V7.5, V8.0 for these products and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.0 and V7.5 and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus Registry Edition V7.0 and V7.5 can be requested from IBM support by eligible customers.
Workarounds and Mitigations
Get Notified about Future Security Bulletins
IBM strongly suggests that all System z customers be subscribed to the System z Security Portal to receive the latest critical System z security and integrity service. If you are not subscribed, see the instructions on the System z Security web site. Security and integrity APARs and associated fixes will be posted to this portal. IBM suggests reviewing the CVSS scores and applying all security or integrity fixes as soon as possible to minimize any potential risk.
23 March 2018: initial version published
*The CVSS Environment Score is customer environment specific and will ultimately impact the Overall CVSS Score. Customers can evaluate the impact of this vulnerability in their environments by accessing the links in the Reference section of this Security Bulletin.
According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES ""AS IS"" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
15 June 2018