Using the DSA utility on a QRadar 7.3 installation results in an error to download another version.
QRadar 7.3 requires RHEL 7 binaries
Diagnosing The Problem
The DSA utility, version 9.61 on an QRadar 7.3, display's the message:
This system is not supported by this version of DSA. You might need to download an update for DSA to support this system.
Use the -? or -h parameter for more information about downloading updates.
Do you want to proceed anyway (function may be limited)? (Y/N)
Resolving The Problem
Before you begin: The solution provided is for only 7.3.0 and 7.3.1 QRadar versions using IBM xSeries servers.
To resolve this issue:
- Log in to Fix Central using the provided link and download the ibm_utl_dsa_dsyte1d-9.62_portable_rhel7_x86-64.bin utility.
- Copy the DSA utility by using WinSCP or other SCP tool to the /tmp/ directory on the Console.
- Using SCP move the DSA utility to the affected appliance.
- Using an SSH session connect to the affected appliance.
- Using the cd command change directories to the QRadar Support directory.
- Do not delete the ibm_utl_dsa_dsyte1d-9.61_portable_rhel6_x86-64.bin file from /opt/qradar/support. An upgrade or patches might still require this file to be present.
- Set the file permission on the DSA utility by using the chmod command.
chmod 755 ibm_utl_dsa_dsyte1d-9.62_portable_rhel7_x86-64.bin
- Run the DSA utility by using the command.
- Upload the DSA results file to your case.
How to upload and attach file(s)/data to my case?
Keep all of the DSA result files from the appliance, as they may be needed for future Hardware troubleshooting.
Where do you find more information?
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018