Diagnosing The Problem
2016-04-06 15:25:40,686 ERROR System.ConfigurationPatchStrategy : RetrieveSoftwareUpdate: An error occured when attempting to retrieve the software update from the server: Code: 0x80000004 Reason: The configuration server did not respond within a reasonable amount of time or the connection was terminated unexpectedly
Resolving The Problem
- Log in to the WinCollect agent where the upgrade did not appear to complete.
In these cases, the Agent list in the QRadar user interface will show the older version after some agents have been updated.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type services.msc, then click OK.
- Stop WinCollect service.
- Delete the contents of the WinCollect's staging directory C:\Program Files\IBM\WinCollect\staging.
- Navigate to the WinCollect config directory: C:\Program Files\IBM\WinCollect\config.
- Review and delete the file name AgentRC.txt.
- Return to the Service window.
- Start the WinCollect service.
After the WinCollect service restarts, the QRadar appliance will attempt to upgrade the remote Windows host.
Was this topic helpful?
17 August 2020