Attempts to run IBM UrbanCode Deploy as a Microsoft Windows service results in "Out of memory" errors.
Resolving The Problem
Increase the amount of memory available to the IBM UrbanCode Deploy service by applying one of the options below:
OPTION 1: Update the registry
This solution contains information about modifying the system registry. Before making any modifications to the Microsoft Registry Editor, it is strongly recommended that you make a backup of the existing registry. For more information describing how to back up the registry, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 256986
- Open the Microsoft Windows registry editor, and adjust the value of the
Note: By default, the service name is
- Restart the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server after you change the registry key.
OPTION 2: Increase the amount of memory available to the IBM UrbanCode Deploy service
- Open the
service.cmdfile for edit (using a text editor).
Note: The file is located in the
- Find the
-Xmx2048mto the list of variables.
- Stop the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server.
- Uninstall the service by typing the following at the command prompt:
service uninstall <service_name>
- Install the service by typing the following at the command prompt:
service install <service_name>
- Start the IBM UrbanCode Deploy server.
17 June 2018