Preventive Service Planning
Configuration Information for Oracle StorageTek SL150 Modular Tape Library System
Beginning with Version 7.1.3, IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager is now IBM Spectrum Protect™. Some applications such as the software fulfillment systems and IBM License Metric Tool use the new product name. However, the software and its product documentation continue to use the Tivoli Storage Manager product name. To learn more about the rebranding transition, see technote 1963634.
Oracle SL150 Base Model - Starting Element Address
Storage Slot Addresses
Entry/Exit Slot Address
- Barcodes are supported.
- Expansion modules are supported.
- ELEMent=AUTODetect in the DEFINE/UPDATE DRIVE command is supported.
- Device identifications and firmware levels used during validation
- Library ID: STK SL150 --- Firmware : 0016
- Drive ID: HP Ultrium 5-SCSI --- Firmware : Y5BS
(Validated with TSM 6.2.5 & TSM 6.3.2)
- (Validated with TSM 6.3.4)
- Library ID: STK SL150 --- Firmware : 0182
- Drive ID: HP Ultrium 6-SCSI --- HH FC Firmware : 22GS
- Library ID: STK SL150 --- Firmware : 0201
- Drive ID: HP Ultrium 5-SCSI --- Firmware : Y65S
- Drive ID: HP Ultrium 6-SCSI -- Firmware : 239S
- Library ID: STK SL150 --- Firmware : 0250
- Drive ID: IBM ULTRIUM-HH6 --- Firmware : E6RF
- Library ID: STK SL150 --- Firmware : 0258
- Drive ID: IBM ULTRIUM-HH6 --- Firmware : E6RF ( FC & SAS )
- Drive ID: IBM ULTRIUM-HH7 --- Firmware : FA11 ( FC & SAS )
(Validated with TSM 6.3.5 & 7.1.1)
(Validated with IBM Spectrum Proctect(ISP) 7.1.3)
(Validated with IBM Spectrum Proctect(ISP) 7.1.5)
- Oracle StorageTek SL150 is available with the following half height FC & SAS drives.
- To use Ultrium 7, the following version of IBM Spectrum Protect server is required.
- The IBM device driver is required for IBM Ultrium drives. IBM device drivers are available at IBM Fix Central. Choose the following options from the drop-down menus.
- Product Group -> System Storage
- System Storage -> Tape systems
- Tape systems -> Tape drivers and software
- Tape drivers and software -> Tape device drivers
- Platform -> select the platform for the device driver that you are looking for
- Mixed LTO generation is supported. See "Libraries with Mixed Media Capability" for more information.
- See Technote 1396706 for information on platforms on which SAS devices are supported.
- Tivoli Storage Manager Server version 7.1 - version 7.1.4 or later
More information regarding device configuration is available in the Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator's Guide, which can be found in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager information center.
17 June 2018