Question & Answer
I have configured the seedlist crawler based on the steps in related URL "How to crawl IBM Web Content Management content through the seedlist 1.0 interface". And I would like to further crawl the custom metadata field which is added based on the steps in related section "Using the custom metadata field search support". How to crawl the custom metadata field? Also, how to show the custom metadata field in the search result?
To crawl the custom metadata field, you need to modify the seedlistcrawler.xml first.
Restriction: You must edit the configuration file with an editor that can handle UTF-8 data correctly. If you use another type of text editor, the configuration file cannot be read and the crawler cannot start.
1. Log in as the enterprise search administrator on the indexer server.
2. Go to ES_NODE_ROOT/master_config/collection_id.crawler_id directory for the crawler that you want to configure.
3. Take a back up of original seedlistcrawler.xml file
4. If you use the prior version of OmniFind Enterprise Edition Version 8.5 Fix Pack 5, edit seedlistcrawler.xml file to add Field element just like as other field elements under DocumentInformation element for the custom metadata that you have defined. (For detail, please refer following example.)
- Once the custom metadata is added, you can modify the configuration from the administrative console in case you modify the seedlistcrawler.xml directly.
- You can add the metadata from the administrative console after you apply OmniFind Enterprise Edition Version 8.5 Fix Pack 5 or later. You do not need to edit seedlistcrawler.xml directly in that case.
5. Restart the crawler that you update and do crawl/parse/index again.
You set wcm.config.seedlist.metakeys=Summary in the WP ConfigService resource environment provider, and add a IBM Lotus Web Content Management text component with the name Summary to a content item or authoring template.
After the configuration, you can see following entry in the seedlist:
<wplc:fieldInfo id="FIELD_SUMMARY" name="Summary" description="Generated custom meta field for Summary" type="string" contentSearchable="true" fieldSearchable="true" parametric="false" returnable="true" sortable="false" supportsExactMatch="false"/>
Tip: you can check the seedlist content on the browse by opening the URL that is specified for crawler configuration(http://portalhostname:port/seedlist/myserver?SeedlistId=SiteUUID&Source=com.ibm.workplace.wcm.plugins.seedlist.retriever.WCMRetrieveFactory&Action=GetDocuments).
By using the value of name attribute(Summary), you can add following Field element under DocumentInformation element. In this case, the value in Summary field is stored as "summary" field in the index.
<Field Name="Summary" Content="False" Enabling="True">
<SearchField Searchable="True" FieldSearchable="True" ParametricSearchable="False" Metadata="True" ResolveConflict="MetadataPreferred" ExactMatch="False" Sortable="False" IsContent="False">summary</SearchField>
Note that if you use OmniFind Enterprise Edition Version 8.5 Fix Pack 5 or later, you can add the field from the administrative console.
After the field is crawled/parsed/indexed, you can add the field to the search result by updating the fields.seedlist parameter as described in Controlling which search result fields are displayed in the Search portlet for enterprise search in Related Information.
23 June 2018