To provide better integration flexibility, the 220.127.116.11 base services fix pack implements a usability enhancement that provides Maximo Integration Framework (I-F) with the necessary Object Structure application functionality to configure setting restriction on specific Business Object fields at an Object Structure definition level.
Starting on version 7.1, field setting restrictions are specified at part of a Business Object definition (via the Restrict Attributes menu option available at the Database Configuration application). In addition to the referred Business Object definition functionality, the 18.104.22.168 base services fix pack introduces Object Structure Application functionality that enables Maximo users to define business object field setting restrictions as part of an Object Structure definition.
By supporting field setting restrictions at the Object Structure level, the I-F is capable of implementing integration scenarios that comply with External Systems’ field restriction requirements without impacting Maximo business object definitions.
Defining inbound setting restrictions at the Object Structure level:
1. Select an object structure from the Object Structure Application list tab.
2. From the Object Structure Application main tab, select the “Inbound Setting Restrictions” select action menu option.
3. From the “Inbound Setting Restrictions” dialogue, select the business object where setting restrictions will be defined.
4. From the “business object fields” table identify the field where setting restrictions are to be defined and select its corresponding override check box. This action will indicate that the business object field inbound setting restriction is being specified as part of the Object Structure definition overriding any setting restriction configured at the business object definition level in the Database Configuration application.
5. Select/un-select the “Restricted” check box (by checking the override check box, the restricted field will become editable). This action will indicate the setting restriction definition for the business object field. “Pre-selected” setting restriction values in business object fields indicate a setting restriction defined at the business object definition; when set, object structure level field setting restriction will override the field setting restriction defined at the business object definition
6. Select OK to save field setting restriction configuration.
Setting restriction on an attribute prevent external data from changing the existing value for a chosen attribute.Selecting "Override" at the object structure level indicates inbound processing logic to utilise object structure setting restriction instead of restriction defined for that attribute at the object level ; business object data processing by the Integration Framework will consider the following hierarchy when determining data setting restrictions: 1) Object Structure data setting restrictions, 2)Business object data setting restrictions. This processing hierarchy implies that the object structure field setting restriction configuration will have precedence over setting restriction configuration at the business object definition.
Field setting restriction at the Object Structure level will be applicable to persistent business object fields that HAVE NOT been excluded from the object structure definition, and non-persistent business object fields that HAVE been included as part of the object structure definition.
No override functionality is supported for Unique Id fields with setting restrictions defined at the business object definition level. These business object fields are being considered read-only by the Inbound Setting Restrictions dialogue.
23 June 2018