Technical Blog Post
Announcement of Version 9.5 of Rational Developer for i
RDi 9.5 has been announced and will be available on September 18.
It is a new release so you will need to install it (you can not 'update' to it). There are new license activation kits.
- Addition of a built-in 5250 emulator
- RemovaI of the 80-column restriction in RPG code editor, to enable fully free-form RPG (use of fully free-form requires corresponding support in the RPG compiler, delivery of which is expected in the form of a TR)
- Addition of Snippet Support feature in the Push-to-Client feature
- Enhanced ability to rearrange Remote System Explorer (RSE) Filters
- Improvements to free-form RPG formatting (indentation support) in the RPG code editor
- Improved RPG Content Assist
- General improvements to code coverage analysis capabilities, including significantly improved performance (~ 20x speed improvement is observable for most programs, but not formally benchmarked)
- Inclusion of a new Update Notifier utility that alerts you to the availability of new product code (patches, fixpacks, modification releases) in Fix Central.
- Support for Eclipse 4.4.2. Runs on IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 8