Technical Blog Post
Announcement of Version 9.5.1 of Rational Developer for i
RDi 9.5.1 has been announced and will be available on September 9.
It is an update for all existing users. No new license is required.
For new users, there are refreshed images at the 9.5.1 level (instead of having to get 9.5 and update to 9.5.1) in Passport Advantage (Sept 9) and ESS (Sept 13).
IBM® Rational® Developer for i, V9.5.1 delivers the following significant new capabilities:
- Support for Apple Mac OS X operating system
- Support for ILE RPG O-Spec in the dynamic outline view
- F1 language-sensitive help that is enabled for SQL in ILE RPG
- Kerberos authentication for IBM i connections
- IFS project support by using Remote Reconciler with IFS remote contexts
- ILE RPG editing improvements
- New version of Access Client Solutions with Visual Explain
- Block commenting actions in the editor for CL
For full details of the announcement, see https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=AN&subtype=CA&htmlfid=897/ENUS216-143&appname=USN
Further details will be posted when it is available.