System limit tracking provides IBM i health insight:
1) Recognize when the IBM i is trending towards an outage or serious condition.
2) Identify a run-away job that is endlessly consuming an operating system resource.
- Understand when an application is trending towards a failure
- Gain insight regarding application or system outages
- Identify applications which are operating inefficiently
- Establish a general use mechanism for communicating limit information
IBM Documentation detail: System Health Services
Enhanced with IBM i 7.4 SF99704 Level 15 and IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 26:
- Add SYSIBMADM based Global Variables to control the pruning of historically old rows
- Change the nightly default pruning behavior to remove any row that is older the 90 days
Enhanced with IBM i 7.4 base release and IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 15:
- Add tracking for a new database limit: 15003 (Maximum size of the data in a table partition)
- When sending the alert message to QSYSOPR, use the SQL7062 message identifier
08 September 2021