Technical Blog Post
Getting Started with the Migration Collections
The approach to migrating configuration changes in version 7.5 has changed in many ways compared to earlier versions.
A new application named Migration Collections is introduced that enables developers to stage configuration changers, validate and push the contents of a collection into the Migration Manager application, where you then create the package and subsequently migrate to the target environment.
- Migration Collection is a bridge between development configurations and Migration Manager
- Migration Collection enables developers to stage configurations, validate and push the contents of a collection into the Migration Manage
- Migration Collection streamlines the development effort by reducing or eliminating wasteful manual approach to identifying and organizing configurations.
Every migration collection has a name and an owner. A
migration collection can be shared (public) or managed by individual (private).
Collection entries can be added or removed in three different ways:
- Manually navigate to target application and return with value
- Manually add to collection from directly within the target application
- Automatically capture the changes made by specific users
For more information, please read the What's New in Migration Manager
The following Youtube video (public site) is a 16 minute demonstration on how to populate the collections application using the above three method