Technical Blog Post
Creating queries in the Mobile Data Manager Application
If you have a mobile device, you might want to have the work assigned to you inside it so you can accomplish it without needing any further connection in field, so here is an example of a usage and how to do it.
The user wants to download in the device the work orders that contain the ID 100.Login into Maximo and click in Go To > Administration > Mobile Data Manager
Open the group your user belongs to
Select Mobile Work Management in Applications table and then WORKORDER in Types of Data table
4. Click on New Row in Queries subtab bellow and insert a Name and a Description to the query.5. In the Clause field, you can use the SQL Expression Builder button
6. In the right part of the dialog, you can find a list of the columns of the WORKORDER table. Look for the WONUM attribute and click in the blue square beside it:
7. Click in the “Like” button inside Conditions table and write '100%' in the Expression text area:
8. Click on Test Expression... button in Miscellaneous table to verify if the query sintax is correct and click OK:
9. Click on Count Records button to verify if the query is bringing any results.
10. Insert the User ID that will use the query and click in Refresh button:
The query is wonum like '100%' because the system automatically assumes the select * from table where statement since you had already chose the table, so the query must be written as a where clause.
When using the queries, you can either check the Download by Default? checkbox or not. It is used to download the records in the Refresh functionality under the device, and if you choose not to mark it, you'll be sure that data only will be downloaded if the user wants, as in the example:In the device, open the Manage Data page and tap View Work List Queries:
2. Check the query to be downloaded and tap Save:3. Tap in the Refresh icon and you'll see that after the refreshing process, 10 records are in the work list as shown in the count before:
From now on, each work order that has “100” in its ID will be downloaded into the device after a refresh process.