Technical Blog Post
How to view logging information inside Websphere application server
Here are the steps:
1. Log into the application server (E.g. http://localhost:9060/ibm/console)
2. In the left toolbar, expand Servers > Server Types and open Websphere application servers link. Choose your server name link:
3. Scroll down the screen and in the Troubleshooting section, choose Logging and tracing link:
4. In General Properties screen, choose JVM Logs link:
5. In JVM Logs screen, choose Runtime tab:
6. Now you can choose System out or System error logs, choose View button of the desired log:
7. As soon as you reach the log, just 250 lines are displayed. If you want to see the whole log lines, insert 1-<number of lines> and press Refresh button:
If you want to choose another range of lines to be displayed, just insert <number of the first desired line>-<number of the last desired line> and then Refresh button.
The Websphere version used in the example is 126.96.36.199 and the steps can barely vary depending on the application server version.
Alex Oliveira Estevam