Technical Blog Post
Saving time with automation scripts
Sometimes, it feels like the day doesn’t have enough hours to get everything done. Time is always at a premium. Finding ways to save time has become something of an art form.
Automation scripts can reduce the time that you spend on automating tasks because you do not need to recompile Java™ files or restart the server. And now, in version 7.6, automation scripts are expanded and enhanced to provide even more opportunities to save time. You can now do the following:
- Enable additional events, such as initialize and retrieve list, for attribute launch points
- Enable additional events, such as allow object creation and allow object deletion, for object launch points
- Specify when object launch point scripts are launched: before save, after save, or after commit
- Create reusable library scripts to save time and effort
- Schedule the running of automation scripts by using cron tasks
- Create scripts that interact with the integration framework, both inbound and outbound
- Collect user input in an automation script by using Yes or No buttons in dialog boxes
Save yourself some time and check out automation scripts today!